Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No more BabySmash for you!

Remember the BabySmash program that I thought was so great. Well, it is. Just not for my child. He's a little too hard on the keyboard. A few weeks ago, he popped the Shift key off (while being properly supervised). I still have no idea how he did that.



So, Tuesday night, as I was cooking dinner and Clint was packing, things got quiet. Too quiet. Clint came through the kitchen to ask what J was doing just as I was thinking the same thing. We discovered our young one standing in the chair at the desk pointing to the computer screen. "Sei judg cue de ese" he says in a very excited tone. (That's Jacksonese for those of you who don't know.) Clint laughed and I removed said young one from the chair to the sounds of hysterical screaming. Hhhmm...Maybe I should turn on the BabySmash just in case he climbs back up in the chair? Why, you ask? Because I was cooking and Clint was packing. Therefore, I knew that J could slip back in there undetected. So, I turn on the BabySmash and go back to the kitchen.



I was right. In just a minute or two I heard the sounds of the computer talking in letters and colors. Young one was in the chair. By the time I reached him again, the computer was shutting down into hibernation mode. How? I have no idea. This program is supposed to keep kids from damaging files and getting into places they shouldn't on a computer.



When I rebooted, I was missing three desktop icons and the about 8 keys in the "backspace" area were not functioning. How? Again, no idea. I found the icons in the recycle bin (one of which he managed to rename), but I ended up having to run a "system restore" to get the keys to work.



Moral of the story: Maybe BabySmash is for older kids, or maybe it's just not for Cook kids.



2 comments:

Makenzi said...

So funny! Maybe he will end up becoming a computer engineer:)

Krowe said...

I can just see him doing this...passy in place...but smiling from ear to ear. I love that story!