Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nothin' much

I really don't have anything in particular to blog about. That totally explains why I haven't posted in, what, 3 weeks. Whew!! I'm behind!

Well, I'm still running. I had shin splints one week and turned my ankle the next, so this is my official week back at it. I declined quite a bit in those short two weeks. I went from running 42 minutes at a time to 25. I'm trying hard this week to increase, but my legs feel like lead. The race is September 5th!!! Just around the corner!

Jackson is a tornado of a two-year-old. He's going through a bit of a testing stage. Testing Linda and myself to our boundaries to see how long it takes to get into trouble or get caught. The kid is mischievous!!! I know he's into something when it gets quiet. Just this week, I was folding clothes and noticed that the house was too quiet. I went to check on him and he was dumping his travel size bottles of baby shampoo, lotion, powder, etc into the toilet!!! Fun stuff!!

He has started attaching my name onto the end of all of his phrases: "Owside, Momma?", "Traktur, Momma", "Diddy Jck traktur feeild, Momma", "Down now, Momma" "John Deere gaatur, Momma" and my personal favorite "Ew, Momma." Clint taught him that one. He loves to say that if he sees me in the bathroom.

We had a bout of sinus issues at our house this week too. Jackson had to go to the doctor Tuesday and thankfully, all is well with his ears. Both tubes have grown out, so we will have to see how this winter goes. I pray he is over ear infections.

We have finally found a house that we are interested in. It needs LOTS of work. I knew that going through this process would not be easy, but, whew! It's tough and we're not even in the thick of it yet. Please pray that we would follow God's direction in this situation.

A post with no pictures. Bummer! I haven't had my camera out in forever!


No comments: