Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Boo Boo

Warning: Do not read any further if you are a grandmother who doesn't want to see pictures of your hurt grandbaby or if you are anyone who doesn't want to see pictures that you may consider "gross."


We have our first bad boo-boo. Sunday evening we were all outside. Our corn has come in and we were washing the ears and preparing them to freeze. Clint tilled a row in the garden while Jackson played on the other side in the dirt. When Clint got to the end of the row he stopped, turned the tiller off and went to check on the corn that was cooking on the porch. I was probably 15 feet from Jackson and the tiller when Jackson came over and stood behind it playing like he was "driving" it. I glanced up every few seconds from washing to check on him. He came under the left handle and I thought he was coming towards me so I went back to washing. The next thing I knew, he was screaming, holding his hands out and coming towards me. I got up quickly and rushed to him thinking that he had be stung by a wasp. Then it hit me, he had touched the muffler on the tiller and had burned his hand. I rushed him inside to clean and treat it and when we were finished, he wanted to go back outside. That evening it was just red and slightly swollen. This is what it looked like by Monday night:

Ouch!! We are keeping it bandaged and treated while he just keeps playing in true Jackson style. Please pray for fast healing and no infection!

3 comments:

Paige said...

ouch poor baby!

Anna said...

WOW! Just one of many I am sure!!

Kristen said...

:( awwww - i hope he gets better soon! it looks horrible. he is a boy though and those boys get too curious.