Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Timeout

I just wanted to say "hi" and give a little update. I'm in the middle of tax season, which is a little stressful, as usual. Jackson has added a new phrase: "Daddy here?" Cute as all get out. He is totally infatuated with his Daddy (who, by the way, is still trying to lobby for being called Papa). Jackson is also starting to add some new foods to his menu (strawberries, green beans and he even tried some deer burger). I'm glad that he's finally eating something other than potatoes!

Jackson received his first timeout at Mrs. Linda's yesterday. Actually, it was a series of timeouts. He was climbing up onto the couch and chair and jumping up and down. I've told him so many times at home to "sit down or you're getting down" that when he's climbs up onto the couch, he'll stand up and proclaim "'it ouwn." He knows...but he was testing Mrs. Linda. She said her heart just couldn't take the thought of him falling, so she put him in timeout. When I arrived to pick him up he was confined to the pack-n-play, for the third time. Hard-headed, that one. Clint sternly told him that "if you get in trouble at school, you get in trouble at home." Let me just tell you, I had to stifle a giggle.

Well, there's not much else happening around the Cook household these days. We're just counting down until April 15th!

1 comment:

Krowe said...

I witnessed that sweet face doing just that the other day and I tell ya its just so goofy cute, unsafe, but cute. You have got your work cut out for you!